Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Why Shanahan didn't wear all-white SB Opening Night outfit - NBCSports.com

Warriors forward Draymond Green shocked the Bay Area on Friday when he revealed he wouldn't be rooting for the 49ers in Super Bowl LIV.

Draymond had a good reason. He's very close with Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark, calling the Michigan alum a "brother."

During Super Bowl Opening Night in Miami on Monday night, Clark was asked about his relationship with Green.

"Me and Draymond, we've been tight, tight friends since college," Clark told the media at Marlins Park. "I know he went to Michigan State, I went to Michigan, you know, bitter rivals, but at the end of the day, the friendships come before all of that. We developed a close friendship early on, early on in college, he assumed that big brother role and was just showing me the ropes, you know, I didn't understand, I was a troubled kid, getting into a lot of stuff and he stepped in and kind of filled that role as one of the guys that was mentoring me and just showing me the right way to do things.

"Hats off to him, he's always been there my whole career supporting me through the ups and the downs, never left my side and I'm always thankful for that."

Clark went on to explain that he and Green didn't exactly hit it off right away.

"It started with a few fights, I'm gonna be honest," Clark said. "We had to fight a little bit before we got close ... But we put the college stuff to the side, I still get on him from time to time, you know, Michigan is kinda better than Michigan State right now in basketball and football, so I give him a lot of stuff. But it's all love at the end of the day, that's my brother."

[RELATED: Draymond, Kerr unable to process Kobe's death]

The Warriors play in Cleveland on Saturday, are off Sunday and play in Washington, D.C. on Monday, so it's possible that Green could fly to Miami to watch his brother play in the biggest game of his life.

Programming note: NBC Sports Bay Area feeds your hunger for 49ers Super Bowl coverage with special editions of “49ers Central” all week (8 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 9 p.m. Tuesday and 3 p.m. Saturday).

Also tune in at 1 p.m. on Super Bowl Sunday for a two-hour special of "49ers Pregame Live" with Laura Britt, Donte Whitner, Jeff Garcia, Ian Williams, Kelli Johnson, Greg Papa and Grant Liffmann. That same crew will have all the postgame reaction on "49ers Postgame Live," starting immediately after the game.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"wear" - Google News
January 27, 2020 at 07:29PM
https://ift.tt/3aS0gei

Why Shanahan didn't wear all-white SB Opening Night outfit - NBCSports.com
"wear" - Google News
https://ift.tt/35NDscS
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment